The new 2014 29er bikes from Trek: the Fuel 7, Fuel 8, Fuel 9.8 and Remedy now come in 29er!
Typically Trek and other bike manufacturers make a huge deal out of a bike launch, consisting of marketing campaigns and a huge amount of media attention.
This time, Trek has taken a new approach to their bike launch, keeping it a secret from everyone. Then, last week, trek pulled off our blindfolds and allowed dealers to put their orders in for immediate delivery. Their official 2014 global launch at the end of this month.
Trek has shown three versions of the 29er EX — the alloy-framed EX8, EX9 and carbon EX9.8.
The alloy EX9 receives a RockShox Reverb Dropper post, Deore XT shifting and braking and a Fox Kashima fork. Sounds great, right?
Now check out the specs of the EX9.8:
• 120mm Travel Front & Rear
• Fox DRCV Float CTD Rear Shock
• Fox Float CTD Fork
• ABP Rear Suspension Design w/ Full Floater Shock Mount
• One-piece Magnesium EVO Link
• BB95 PressFit Bottom Bracket
• ISCG Tabs
• Upper Direct Mount Front Derailleur
• 142x12mm Rear Thru-Axle
• Tapered E2 Headset w/ Net Molded Head Tube
• Internal Cable Routing for Derailleurs & Stealth Reverb Dropper Post
• Integrated Carbon Armour and Custom Chain-Slap Protector
And the EX 9.8 gets a well-rounded spec with a full Shimano Deore XT groupset and a Rockshox Reverb Stealth Dropper Post. 720mm low-rise Bontrager RXL handlebars tie all the controls together along with lock-on grips and a stubby Bontrager stem. Stay on the lookout for more posts about 2014 Trek Bikes as well as other product reviews and much much more!!
Schellers Fitness and Cycling has 4 great locations all over Kentucky to serve you best, plus Clarksville IN bike shop and fitness center, and our Newest Evansville IN bike shop and fitness center!
Make sure you visit our site to find the location closest to you..... www.schellers.com